Senior Backend Software Engineer
Basketful is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our smallish team.
- Wearing multiple hats and solving a variety of challenges
- Implement, test, maintain and deploy scalable microservices & APIs that power our web and mobile applications
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Work with our engineering leadership to contribute to high level decisions about architecture and design patterns
- At least 3 years of experience as a software engineer, which could be your own personal projects.
- RESTful Service / API development experience, preferably using Node.js
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable and modular code
- Experience using and optimizing one or more of the following technologies: relational databases (we use PostgreSQL), in-memory data stores (we use Redis), message queues (we use Kafka), search engines (we use Elastic) and big data/analytics platforms (we use BigQuery).
- Experience with front end technologies such as React is a plus
- Willingness and capability to grow and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Health Insurance Reimbursement (QSEHRA)
- 401k matching
- Generous Parental Leave (12 weeks for primary caregiver, 4 weeks for secondary)
$85k-$125k Per year
October 14, 2020