Basketful Co (“Basketful”) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of its website (the “Site”) and its Add-to-Cart and Shopping List online services (the “Service”). Basketful (“we,” “us,” and “our”) owns and operate the Service. Basketful is a Delaware corporation with its principal office in Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information by which you can be personally identified (“Personal Information”).
- Information you Provide. We collect your personal information when you use the Service or the Site. This personal information may include your name, email address, phone number, postal code and login information for each grocery shopping provider chosen. Grocery Shopping Provider Login information may be collected in order to add items to your cart at the grocery shopping provider.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically collect certain usage information when you access the Site or use the Service, such as your device identifier (if using a mobile device), Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, browser type and the address of a referring site. We also automatically collect certain usage information through cookies and related technologies, as described below
- Basketful may also collect non-personal information about your access to and use of the Service and Site including your activity, preferences and history.
Third-Party Software, Cookies and Other Related Technologies
Use of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To administer the Site and provide the Service;
- To monitor, analyze, improve and develop the Site and Service, and to create and test new Service features;
- To provide a more customized experience on the Site and Service;
- To understand our users better;
- To operate our business, which includes, without limitation, using your login information (i) to add items to your grocery cart;
- Where our service is licensed by an advertiser or food platform (“licensee”), we may share your activity regarding that interaction with said licensee;
- To prevent, identify and address fraudulent or other illegal activity and security issues;
- To (i) solicit feedback, (ii) respond to your comments, requests or inquiries, (iii) provide customer service and support, or (iv) otherwise contact you in connection with the Site or Service;
- To generate anonymized, aggregated data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- For our marketing purposes, such as (i) informing you of our products, services, features or offerings that may be of interest to you, (ii) providing you with newsletters, articles, reports, updates and announcements, as well as information about upcoming events, (iii) contacting potential customers you have referred to us via our referral program (“Referred Leads”), (iv) improving and tailoring our advertising and communications, (v) analyzing our marketing efforts;
- To (i) comply with laws, rules and regulations, including any disclosure or reporting obligations, (ii) resolve disputes with users or third parties, (iii) respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas and court orders) as we deem necessary or appropriate, (iv) protect our property rights or those of third parties, (v) protect the safety of the public or any person, and (vi) prevent or stop any activity which we may consider to be (or to pose a risk of being) illegal, unethical or legally actionable; and
- For any other purpose for which you expressly authorize us to use your information.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We will only share your information with the third parties listed below for the purposes described above in the “Use of Your Information” Section, unless otherwise noted at the point of collection:
- Certain parties as necessary to respond in good faith to legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas and court orders);
- Legal and financial advisors and auditors;
- Third- service providers, who are required under law or contract to keep your personal information confidential; and
- The following third parties under the circumstances described below:
- grocery shopping providers in order to add requested items to your grocery cart;
- where our service is licensed by an advertiser or food platform (“licensee”), we may share your activity regarding that interaction with said licensee;
- if you share your grocery list with a friend, the notification to your friend may include your first name; your friend will also be able to see and/or edit the content of your grocery list;
- if you participate in a referral program, the referral email and referral link sent to any Referred Leads may include your first name;
- if there is a sale of Basketful (including, without limitation, a merger, stock acquisition, sale of assets or reorganization), or in the event that Basketful liquidates or dissolves, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, which could include your information, to the acquirer;
- from time to time, we may share reports with the public that contain anonymized, aggregate, de-identified information and statistics
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents can refer to Basketful’s California Privacy Rights Notice here for information regarding certain rights available under California law.
Data security is implemented through physical, administrative, and technical safeguards we put in place and operational procedures we follow to protect Personal Information. We protect your transactions involving Personal Information over the Internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We restrict access to your Personal Information in our database to our authorized employees, our agents, and certain of our authorized partners.
The Site and Service is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from users under the age of 13 online through this Site and Service. If you think that we have collected Personal Information from a visitor under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
Last Revised: April 22, 2021.
Copyright © 2021 by Basketful Co. All rights reserved.